Laflin Design Group is a landscape architecture firm in the Chicago region and didn’t have a website after the firm changed its name. PlaceVision built the site from the ground up around their existing branding. To compliment the firm’s tagline “beyond the seasons” the top banner automatically rotates according to the season, linking the website to the time of year. View the website
To view opportunities throughout a city or region, PlaceVision utilizes the power of Google Earth. We developed an application, SiteVista® that links a website database to Google Earth. A marker is placed on the map for each project with attached plans, drawings, images, descriptions and custom fields. A key feature of the application is that it can be managed and updated by multiple administrators through a form-based interface without technical skills.
Utilizing SiteVista software, we inserted Laflin’s projects into the application which presents them both as a web page on her website and on a Google Earth map. A link to view her portfolio in Google Earth appears on the home page of the site.
- Installation of WordPress Content Management System
- Website design and custom development
- Web hosting, database setup, email setup, domain support
- Social media setup, site integration
- Portfolio development, WordPress integration
- Update the website with project materials
- Create graphics for the banner and footer
- Post maps and graphics in an interactive format
- 24 hour support
- Monitor web traffic and generate reports
- Google Maps and Image Galleries