A self-guided tour connects your content to a wired generation. Visit the website.
This 7 stop podcast tour can be downloaded from the website or from the iTunes store (for free) and played on a mobile device. It displays historic images and future plans on the screen as they are discussed to provide an unprecedented level of context and visualization. As a result, planners and historians are beginning to utilize this affordable technology more often to reach their audience and support fundraising efforts. It not only informs the public about what they are seeing and why, but can provide an invitation to become more involved in their community, even if interaction is online.
A podcast tour can be applied to:
Parks and Forest Preserves
- Increases exposure of a particular place
- Enables a self-guided tour on mobile devices
- Helps citizens visualize the past and future of place
- Links to corresponding Google map walking path
- Shows relevant images while on tour
- Can be viewed remotely online and utilized for generating buzz around the built environment